Friday, January 25, 2008

Start

My mind and soul have been stirring. God has given me the dream to write at least one book...maybe more based on what He has brought me through and how He continues to proove Himself faithful. I have been selfish. I have allowed myself to believe lies that I don't have any words to offer...that nothing I write will be worth reading. Even if no one but myself reads the words that are penned from my fingers, I must be obedient and write.

When thinking up a title for this blogspot, I flashed back to my high school British Literature class. My teacher had us memorize William Wordsworth's definition of poetry. My writing may not have 12 lines and a ryhming couplet, but this is what I believe I will accomplish in this blogspot:

"Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility."

No comments: